Trenching Machine is used for rock and hard ground trenching for pipelines and cables. This system provide complete package solution for large trenching projects in the oil, gas and water industries as well as the mining sector.
Trenching Machine has one of the largest machines of its type in world and It offer a unique solution to large pipeline or cable projects.
The machines used are large, purpose built trenchers, designed to be able to cut through hard ground and rock. The result is a perfectly cut trench with straight sides and excavated material piled neatly to the left or right of the trench.
The Trenching Machine design in a such a way that it result in a 60% reduction in the number of picks penetrating the rock at any one time, hence proportionally increasing the power per pick and the breakout force. Spoil is carried along the top of the digging chain, discharging onto a rear-mounted swing conveyor which places material to either side of the trench. The cutting process produces a much more granular material than a conventional trencher which has to grind the rock to a dust in order to carry it out of the trench, thus requiring significantly more horsepower. The machine is operated by radio control, enabling the operator to stand at any safe point around the machine and, once the correct depth of trench has been established, the complete cutting cycle is then fully automatic with only the steering functions for the operator to control. A range machines is now available, with capacities of up to 5m trench depth and 2m trench width.
Advantages of Hard Rock Trenching Machine:
- Minimise trench excavation volume;
- Maximise re-use of trench spoil for either trench backfill or third-party use;
- Minimise the quantity of excavated material going to waste;
- Reduce or eliminate truck haulage and handling involved in the export of waste and import of intimate backfill (bedding and padding);
- Minimise negative environmental effects of truck haulage and waste disposal; and
- Reduce or eliminate risks and costs arising from use of explosives.