WhatsApp started showing read messages confirmations back to the sender. While people some are happy with this feature, others are disliking it.
WhatsApp shows blue double tick marks on the message as confirmation that reader has read your message.
However, it seems that this wasn’t a universally popular move and WhatsApp is now introducing the option to disable this feature if they want to keep the nagging out of their conversations.
The first step is to get the latest APK file from WhatsApp:
- Download the latest (version 2.11.444) WhatsApp Apk from the official website.
- On your Android phone, go to Settings > Security > Check Unknown sources, to enable installing apps from outside Google Play. Note that the exact path to the setting can vary depending on your device manufacturer and Android version – the important thing to note is that you enable installing apps from unknown sources.
- Open the Apk on your Android phone. This will install the latest version of the app on your device.
Once the app is installed, here’s how to disable read receipts or remove Blue Tick:
- Open WhatsApp and tap three vertical dots icon on the top right.
- Now go to Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Uncheck Read receipts.
This trick is only available to Android users who have downloaded the new beta version of the app from official website not from play store. The update was first spotted on Android.